Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Supporter or Stalker?

I just can't help myself. I am so proud of my guy. Saturday morning he had a 16 mile training run scheduled. I can't even begin to fathom what it would be like to run 16 miles. The weather was perfect and the fall scenery still pretty so he decided to take advantage of the road that runs along the Mississippi. My sidekick and I went along to be his support team. We would try to meet him every few miles to give him water or fuel. This was actually his first training run in which he did mid-run fueling. He tried blocks and gels. I thought for sure he wouldn't like them because he is sensitive about texture. He hates any sort of gummy candy, but actually really like the blocks. He had an apple cinnamon gel that he said tasted just like the filling out of danish :)

We started our adventure at the lodge where we got married. There was pre-run stretching. Our little sidekick jumped right in stretched with him.
And off he goes....











There was a brutal section of hills and he had some cramping, but was able to run through it.






The final stretch back to the lodge.
We had a good time chasing him down and cheering him on. Every runner should have their own personal photographer, right?  I know I won't be able to move about as freely when he is actually running the marathon, so I loved being able to do it for a training run. Of course, the scenery made me love the photography even more :) 

If you haven't already, please check out Little More Each Day. Jessica is training for her first marathon too. She is truly inspirational :)

I promise my next post will include some actual movement of my own...I promise. 


3 comments: