Maybe it is a confidence issue. Shortly before I met my husband I had lost a little weight and was walking regularly. I remember my sister saying that little bit of weight loss had boosted my confidence and had it not been for that she didn't think I would have even agreed to meet him. In retrospect, I am so glad I did.
I can see it in our most recent picture. But the completely insecure me tries to tell me it is just wishful thinking. I have also noticed in the last few weeks I actually at times "feel" a little smaller. For example, last night sitting in the loveseat with my husband watching Monday Night Football, I was noticing my thighs while hugging my knees to my chest. Okay, I know I sound like a complete dork at the moment, but I just can't help myself. It is nice to sit/recline on the couch and not feel like a blob :) We are our own harshest critics, so when there is a moment you feel good about yourself...celebrate it.
Stay Away from Tricks and Treats October Challenge Report - Week Two
1. No candy! I've still got this. The other day my husband wanted M&Ms and asked me to get the "share" size so I could have a few too. So, I did and just about the moment I went in for an M&M I remembered :( Poor husband had to eat them all himself...I wonder if that was his secret plan :)
2. Weekly weigh-in only - This has fallen apart this week. I made it half way through the week. Felt like I needed to know my status to help me stay strong over the weekend. Then, of course, I have been on it every day since. I saw some frustrating fluctuations that remind me why I am supposed to stay off it. Trying again this week :)
3. Walk 60 miles - I am getting caught up. Current total - 24.17 miles.
4. Track on MyFitnessPal every day - Better than last week - about 50/50- not good at all Not that I am eating completely crazy, but too lazy to figure out the things I don't already know.
5. Millie training sessions - We have taken her to the farmer's market and for walks/runs, but I can't actually claim they were training sessions.
6. Menu planning - I did better actually planning some meals and shopping for them, but never wrote a list for the fridge.
7. 15 Minute Daily House Dash - Most days I did the work, but didn't set the timer. Going for a perfect 7 days this week.
8. Meet up with my blogging "neighbor" One Crazy Penguin - We are still working on this. My husband and I are doing a 10K on Nov. 1 and she has offered to come cheer for us :) That would be great, but still hope to get a puppy walking date set up.
It is good to be on losing trend again. September was rough. I lost 1.2 pounds this week, bringing my total lost to 33 pounds.
If you haven't had a chance to enter my giveaway celebrating my 100th blog post you can still do so until Friday. See giveaway here.