At least I lost :) I was down .2 (as in 2/10ths) of a pound this week. It is one of those things that I can't account for. I did the workouts and ate right. My body just decided to do its own thing this week. Yes, I am disappointed, but I can live with it because I know I am on the right track. This is one of those times that I need to look forward 6 months. All the little losses will have added up.
I had hoped to do better because I knew this week was going to be tougher with my birthday and 4th of July.
As far as the great debate goes I have loosened the reins for the day, but I am tracking. I am sure I will end up going over my regular calories, but I am NOT strapping on the feed bag and/or grazing all day.
I was debating on what to do for lunch. I confess Burger King's new BBQ Bacon Whopper was in the running - with all 750 of its calories - eek!! However, I inadvertently learned that my husband was coming to surprise me at work and take me to lunch. Together we decided to go to Subway. I had the BBQ Chicken Melt instead of my usual turkey sub. It was good and I was satisfied.
My in-laws took us out to dinner and my sister with niece and nephew joined us. We went to the restaurant where they have the most delicious Gyro Salad. Last night they had a Gyro special and I decided to do that instead. In came with fries which I had a few then pushed them down the table for others to share. The gyro itself was ENORMOUS. I haven't yet figured out how to calculate the calories. I think I will work on that sometime today. I didn't finish it, but I know I went significantly over calories and I am okay with that.
Like exercise I think the body needs a little shake up on food too. Meg with Running Just as Fast as She Can reminded me yesterday of an 80/20 plan. You eat very well 80% of the time and the other 20% you loosen up a bit. Losing and maintaining weight is a LIFELONG process and I don't know too many people that will (or want to) live the rest of their lives without occasional treats. I know I don't!
I do have a food regret from yesterday. When we got home my sweet tooth was raging so I got a caramel sundae from McDonalds. I just wanted a bit of ice cream. The first couple bites were great...then I realized I was still eating and not loving it. And I still almost finished it. I want to get to the place where if a treat is not what I really want I stop eating it.
I got some great birthday presents this year. At the beginning of June I got my present from my husband - the Garmin Forerunner 10 watch that I have been loving! Last Saturday at the farmer's market we found this ornament. It is made from a gourd. Then she woodburns the designs and uses stains to add color. They are so intricate. There were several designs that I wanted, but they were a bit pricey (worth it considering the work that goes into them) so I only chose one. I have an extensive Christmas ornament collection. I chose this one because it represented my pursuit of herons this year. I have been obsessed with getting the perfect picture of them.
I haven't got the perfect shot yet but this is one of my favorites so far. The other day when we walked on the levee we saw a spot where a ton of them were hanging out. I have to get over there with my "good" camera when I am not trying to get in a workout.
My sister gave me this super cute 31 insulated tote. There are going to be some fun (and stylish) picnics in my future. It was a good birthday :)