Thursday, July 10, 2014

Throwback Thursday

For Throwback Thursday I am sharing a couple of pictures from our first visit with baby Millie.  Actually, at this time her name was Rogue - the litter of puppies were named after characters in superhero movies - Batman, Lois Lane, Rogue, Wolverine, Bruce, etc.  She might still have a bit of Rogue left in her, but when we brought her home we renamed her Millie. After that first visit we had to wait two more weeks to take her home. We adopted her through a humane society and their procedure is to spay them before adoption and they wait until a certain age to do that. It was so hard to wait. More Millie.



This morning I walked about 3.5 miles. For some reason I just can't seem to get my time back down under 15 minute miles like I did several miles in the 10K a few weeks ago. Maybe it was the competition of the race that made me walk faster than I realized. We have a 5K scheduled for next Saturday so I can test my race speed theory.

There always seems to be something new and interesting on my walks.

Yesterday I had a bit of a confrontation with a guy delivering newspapers. He kept driving right up behind me and throwing the paper too close for my comfort. Not to mention Millie did not like it one little bit.  Unfortunately, the guy didn't agree it was a problem since he was just doing his job. Seriously??

Today, I had a couple "things that make you go hmmm?" moments. These vehicles where parked at the end of a driveway with these pieces of asphalt piled in the seats. Where they being used to transport the broken pieces of asphalt?  Is the asphalt expected to keep someone from stealing them?  Are they for sale?  And at 5:30 a.m. there isn't anyone out to ask my burning questions. To tell you the truth, I really wanted to take that green one for a spin...I would have brought it back :)


Much more puzzling (and a little disturbing) than that though was this situation.  Is this ladder placement intentional?  Did someone use it to sneak out of the house in the middle of the night?  Is it an invitation to creepers to peek in the windows?  Either way, in my opinion this ladder placement is a definite problem.


And sometimes there are just pretty things to look at that don't create questions.  I wouldn't mind having these in my yard.


Tonight's dinner is a go to favorite Skinnytaste's Salsa Verde Chicken Tostadas, but with homemade salsa verde this time.  We will see if it is as good as the jar.

9 comments:

  1. love the photos and I wanna know the answers too... maybe you should take a once a week evening walk so you can knock on all the doors and ask the questions... "I saw this at 5:30 am and had to come back to ask.... "

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. p.s. Mille was an adorable puppy... shes still kinda cute too !

      Delete
    2. I should totally do that. Maybe I could just climb up that ladder and well in the window "Hey! what's up with you people?"

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness! Miss Millie as a pup is just so adorable! I want to adopt another doggie so badly! Hopefully soon! Wow your neighborhood is really interesting! My is all cookie cutter houses that look the same. Very Stepford Wives-ish in a way. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww...she still is adorable...well, when she is not eating my pillows! I do like our neighborhood...but wonder about a few things :) I need to see that movie...can't believe I never have.

      Delete
  3. Aw puppy!

    Ha, the asphalt ones made me laugh. And whatever flower that is, I want it! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My good friend Google tells me the flower is Peppermint Twist Phlox. It is a perennial and it looks like it can be ordered from Michigan Bulb for about $3. The ones I saw were probably about 18 inches tall.

      Delete
  4. I died at the cuteness of Millie!!

    That flower looks almost like the peppermint hydrangeas I just planted. Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! That cuteness has saved her bacon more than once :) All this walking and looking at other people's flowers is going to have an impact on my yard!

    ReplyDelete