Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Making Progress

Look at him go! Had so much fun he came back up and did it again.
Okay, drum roll...3.2 pounds.  I have slightly recovered before starting to write. I confess I am initially disappointed.  I know, I know...I should be happy for every loss.  And I know in a few weeks I will be thrilled by a 3 pound loss.  I just thought here at the beginning I would have bigger losses...like my husband.  He lost 7.2 this week!!  We both have worked really hard. Why does it seem to fall off men faster?? 

I am so glad we have that 10K race scheduled.  I am extra motivated to do well before the race and hopefully by race day habits will be taking root. 

Last night I ended up walking 2-3 miles with a friend so I decided to take this morning off.  The last couple of days I have felt a bit worn out so I think a break could be good. I am sure we will end up doing something active tonight...maybe a bike ride.  And I will be back to my morning walking schedule tomorrow morning.  My husband has to work early so I will be on my own.  I think I will try a new route and get in at least 3 miles.

As you may have guessed from the pictures we made it back to the prairie trails again tonight. We waited until about 7:30 p.m. for it to be cooler, but it sure was buggy out there.  At one point I got bit on the shoulder blade and I couldn't reach it.  My husband had gotten a bit ahead of me and I could not pedal fast enough to get to him for a back scratch. Next time we have to remember the bug spray!!

A "before" picture if I ever saw one :)
Before we started riding on the trails I challenged my husband to a biking dual.  There is a loop around the soccer fields that I think it about a half mile. I rode it first and then his challenge was to beat my time. I pedaled my heart out....for 4:21.  Then my husband cruises in at 3:07 - okay he pedaled hard too but I didn't realize he was going to beat me by so much.  My original plan was to ride again and try to beat my first time. I changed my mind though because I wanted to save some energy for the trails...maybe next time.

Just made plans for a good friend to join us on our long Sunday walk.  She has lost an incredible 87 pounds.  I hope she will let me tell her story on this blog.  She has been so inspirational to me!




No comments:

Post a Comment