Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Let the Streaking Begin


My Lovely Ladies group strikes again. We were looking for a fall challenge and someone suggested a mileage challenge. So London to Hogwarts it is - only 18452.2 miles - who knew England was that big??  It worked out perfectly for me since I had already committed in my head to exercising every day in September. I made this reminder calendar for the fridge.
You might have noticed from the calendar that I already missed Day 1. Not letting that derail me, not letting that derail me (see what I did there?)  Especially with it still being hot I simply have to walk in the morning. I didn't on Saturday, thinking I would do it in the evening. Then we had unexpected company, which was fun, but didn't get the walking done.

I did NOT make that mistake on Sunday. I got a later start than my husband, but invited Millie to join me for a loop around the neighborhood. When there is a walk to be had, there is no doubt as to who will be ready first. Perhaps it was a bit mean of me to put the leash on her then stop to brush my teeth.
Again, she is ready to head out while I am locking the door and situating stuff in my pockets.
Morning skies are always the best.
Finally we are off...
This little guy brightened up a mulched area of someone's yard.
I always like walking through this section of the neighborhood.
I don't know if I need to slow down or speed up!
Millie was nice enough to let me carry her poop for half the walk. Naturally, she made her potty stop in front of the ONE person working in their yard.
A happy, though super sweaty, selfie to end the walk.
I think Millie has the same look...though not quite so sweaty :)

Hurray for a holiday Monday! Not only did I not have to go to work, but had an extra day to get my morning groove on. This time I was ready to go the same time as my husband, so I tagged along with him to the track. I am not the biggest fan of walking around a track - mostly because I feel like there is more to see in a neighborhood. The track my husband runs at is at my old high school. The first thing I noticed was the serious new gates.
Back in the day, this was the only gate. Mostly it was to close off the road that goes between buildings to cars during the school day. It was also were people would step off campus to smoke during the school day. True to high school social circles, these people had a nickname - they were known as "gate people". Being a "gate-person" was not a compliment.
Sorry, Millie. I am not sure she would like going round and round the track anyway.
I walked while my husband ran...he lapped me many times...do you see him?
It took me a minute to figure this out. Those are speakers on that tower. I am surprised they can handle being out in the weather.
Long morning shadow...even my shadow could use to lose a pound or two :)
Perhaps another sign of the times...all the classrooms were numbered from the outside. I think it is actually a good idea, but certainly wasn't done in my day.
I was a little sad at how my old school felt a bit run down. I might have to text this picture to the principal (who I went to high school with and see fairly regularly through work). She probably doesn't get around to that side of the track often, but I would think they wouldn't want to let this grass ruin the track. A jug of Round-Up is WAY more budget friendly.
The crime - had to dodge several of these little bombs on the track.
The perps - or at least some of their kind. I bet the baseball players don't love the bombs left on their field either.
So starts what I hope to be a successful steak of exercise.
I actually saw this posted on Facebook on September 1st.  I am taking as a personal mantra for this streak I am putting together.

UPDATE:  After a rude awakening by a vomiting dog in the middle of the night, I managed to oversleep this morning. Guess I will be taking an after dinner walk :)  

8 comments:

  1. We're going steeeeaaaaakkkkkiiiinnnngggg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew that was goose poop when I saw it! Jerks!

    Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The minute I saw it I knew I had to post it for you :)

      Delete
  3. Congrats on your streaking!! I did the same thing, missed Saturday (I blame Mary) but I am back at it! You got this!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job on getting your exercise groove on!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I gotta get my tracking back on track.

      Delete