Stay Away from Tricks and Treats October Challenge Report - Week One
1. No candy! Doing great. Yesterday my boss brought me a piece of candy and I said "no thank you." I told him I had agreed to a no candy for October :) He might have though I was a bit nuts.
2. Weekly weigh-in only - I was so eager to weigh-in today woke up several times during the night thinking about it.
3. Walk 60 miles - I am a bit behind schedule already, but I know I can still make it. Current total - 8.33 miles.
4. Track on MyFitnessPal every day - Not good on this one - not good at all Hoping this week with my routine back on track I will do better.
5. Millie training sessions - only got in one of three :( She did pretty well considering I haven't worked with her as much as I should have. This is her turning her "down/stay" into an army crawl... crazy pup.
6. Menu planning - I let this one go last week because I was so busy and didn't have time to sit down and figure out the menu and shop. This week will be better.
7. 15 Minute Daily House Dash - I did it 5 or the 7 days. Not bad. Most importantly, I know this really helped my sanity this week. I truly believe the state of one's home directly affects their emotional health.
8. Meet up with my blogging "neighbor" One Crazy Penguin - So wish I could have seen her half-ironman on Sunday. We haven't set a date yet, but I think we have agreed to take our goofy pups walking. I better get busy on #5!!
So all the above added up to a 1.8 loss this week. I was hoping to finally get back to my low of a couple of weeks ago, but I came close. Given the challenges of the week I am definitely happy to be reporting this loss.
I forgot to mention on my shower recap post that I got several nice compliments on how good I looked...people are finally noticing that I have lost weight :) That seriously made me happy.
I had to walk to our main office this morning (about 2 blocks). Some of you have been commenting about my great area to walk around work. I thought I would share the other side - not quite as inviting :) Let me take you on the tour...
Out the door and across the parking lot...
Past all the official vehicles...
We share a parking lot with the sheriff's department and county jail. Can be interesting at times...
We are headed to the building in the middle with the blue windows. Just have to navigate the ginormous a/c units and the man lifts.
They are tuckpointing all the windows on the old courthouse building. Can't wait until all the scaffolding is down again.
A super quick walk through smokers' alley. It seems pointless to have people stay 15 feet from the door while smoking if they are just going to stand/sit on the pathway to the door anyway. I didn't have to hold my breath on the way in, but I did on the way out.
I am in the door and headed down the hallway.
And up the elevator to the 4th floor office.
Oh my goodness!! Did I just post a picture of me riding in an elevator on a weight loss blog?? What was I thinking??? Could it be that the building doesn't have stairs? Nope, there are definitely stairs, although I have never used them. I hate the thought of arriving at the office sweating and huffing/puffing after 4 long flights of stairs. But next time I will give them a try...
After our training session Millie and I practiced our selfie taking. Clearly we have more work to do in that area too :)
Linking up this morning...Have a great day, everyone!