Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Darkness and a Weigh In


Another weigh-in.  Down another pound :) I am definitely not complaining about a pound, but this month has been slow losing with vacation and all. "And all" is code for I need to be a better food tracker every single day.  For the most part, I am eating well, but there have been a few "slips' in there.  Maybe I've been eating a bit more like I am maintaining...hello, Anna, we still need to be in losing mode :)

I am just eager to get to the next milestone. I am now at 28.8 pounds lost...come on 30!!

I did manage to get myself out of bed and go walking this morning.  It was tough!  We had to go a little earlier than we have been getting out the past few weeks because my husband is back to work.  We have to be out the door pretty close to 5 a.m.  I was expecting to deal with darkness later in the fall.  This is what I headed out into this morning...I did not like it. Not one bit.


I altered my route a little bit.  There is stretch at the back of the neighborhood with some hills and a couple empty lots that are full of trees and brush.  I just didn't feel comfortable going back there with no light.  There are very few street lights in the neighborhood.


Not sure they helped me much.  My husband was running his usual opposite direction on the loop.  I was never quite sure it was him I was meeting until he was right in front of me. At one point I heard someone running behind me but couldn't see him until he turned down another street.  I don't know what I am going to do because morning is by far and away the best time to walk. I felt a little more comfortable on my final two blocks.

Part of the reason I like to walk in the morning is because it is cooler.  This morning, however, it was not good. I have been so spoiled by a relatively cool summer. It made me forget a little that I can't handle the heat and humidity. By the time I got home I felt awful and ended up staying home from work. I need to rethink my workout plan because I can't be missing work at the last minute. I have some workout DVDs I might have to dig out for hot days.

I got rid of the last of the yard sale stuff. I donated three smallish bags of miscellaneous stuff. And for my trouble I received this...


Any volunteers to share it with me?  I figure since it is a large I might need at least three people :)



The Hump Day Blog HopWeigh In Wednesday

16 comments:

  1. Do you have a headlamp? I would recommend one. I wear mine in the winter when it's really dark. It's nice to help you see and be seen. I would also recommend a can of pepperspray. They make small ones that you can carry. I know it sounds silly but they would work for animals or humans. And it might make you feel better walking on your own.

    Congrats on the loss!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought of a headlamp...I am going to look into that. I don't know if Millie would protect me or not, but hopefully she will be a deterrent :)

      Delete
  2. Yay on the pound! A loss is a loss!

    For night/early morning running, I love my Nox Gear vest. Makes me super visible and helps me see a bit too. Both good things!

    I just set up my bike trainer yesterday. This heat is way too much for me right now. Is it fall yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to wear light clothing, but maybe something more reflective would be good. I have never heard of Nox Gear - I will have to check it out. Can't wait for fall :)

      Delete
  3. I get nervous in the dark too. I'm not looking forward to it wherever we end up moving. At least here, I know what might try to eat me! Yay for the loss! So close to 30!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you know when you are moving? Yeah, can't wait to pass 30 :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you! I have until the end of October to use the Blizzard coupon...wonder how long I can hold out.

      Delete
  5. Awesome loss! My street is at least a bit lit so I can see. I'd be scared too though. I definitely second the headlamp and make sure you are wearing light colored clothing! You are sooooo close to 30! You'll be knocking down that door soon I just know it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't wait to get to the other side. I was hoping to lose "half a puppy" (37.5) before our anniversary (9/25). I have my work cut out for me.

      Delete
  6. Awesome loss! Stay strong girly! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job! You'll be at 30 in no time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You lost me at the large blizzard...lol..yummy!!!! Congrats on your 1 pounds :) You are doing so great!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I promise I won't eat it alone. I just need to pick the right person(people) to eat it with. My husband doesn't like chocolate - so he is out :)

      Delete