Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Weigh In Wednesday and Progress Pictures

Weigh In Wednesday Happy Weigh-In Wednesday!  I didn't weigh last week because we were on vacation, so today's weigh-in number is actually for two weeks.  I lost 2.8 pounds for a total loss of 27.8 pounds.

I am very happy with the numbers considering the vacation factor. I was prepared to have little to no loss (or even a small gain) and was mostly okay with that.  One of my main goals in this journey is to find balance. There will be vacation splurges in my life, but I don't want them to undo my hard work either.

This morning I found some old pictures that my husband and I took in April of last year.  They were supposed to be the before pictures taken at the beginning of one of our failed attempts to lose weight.  I don't know exactly what we weighed in these pictures, but I would guess we were with in 5-10 pounds of our starting weights of this (more successful) attempt.

Against all my better judgement I am posting hideous pictures of me.  But since I like the transformation aspect of them I am sharing.  I could tell that I had lost weight, but I was pleasantly surprised by the proof in the pictures.

As for the transformation I am a little bit speechless.  I am amazed at the difference losing almost 30 pounds has  made.  Looking at the pictures I am a bit surprised that no one seems to have noticed yet (at least no one has mentioned it yet).

I apologize for the terrible picture quality, towel dried hair and my mug shot faces :)

Left - April 2013 / Right August 2014

Left - April 2013 / Right August 2014

Left - April 2013 / Right - August 2014

I wasn't as surprised by my husband's pictures.  He has lost about 70 pounds so his transformation is much more dramatic.  I am so proud of how hard he has worked.  I know he has completely reversed the path he was headed down health-wise.

Left - April 2013 / Right - August 2014

Left - April 2013 / Right - August 2014
I have been thinking about goals. In the past I have not been successful when I have set specific weight loss goals. I never seem to reach them and get discouraged.  I would like to say I want to have lost "half a puppy" (37.5 pounds) by our anniversary (Sept. 25).  That would be 9.6 pounds in 5 1/2 weeks. I think it is realistic, but I will definitely have to keep my focus to get there.

I feel like I am a good place with this journey, so I am putting it out there.  My goal is to have lost 37.5 pounds by Sept. 25 :)








The Hump Day Blog Hop

15 comments:

  1. Holy crap, the difference is AMAZING! Good for both of you! I know it's super hard to notice weight loss on yourself so I'm glad you took comparison pictures. GO YOU!
    The only reason why people may not be saying anything is because you might be wearing baggier clothes still and it's not as noticeable and because no one wants to say "hey you lost weight" and run the risk on offending you by suggesting you needed to lose weight in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I actually had forgotten we took those pictures last year. I didn't take any this spring because I don't think I was really sure we would stick with the plan. You are probably right about why people haven't commented on my loss. The important things it that I can now tell :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, such a difference. Well done both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOODNESS! It's a damn shame no one has mentioned it to you but the difference is STAGGERING! You, my dear, look amazing! You both look so so good! Hard work is definitely paying off!

    ^^ Ditto to what Meg said. Go get you a couple of new sets of clothes and I bet you may start getting people to take notice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You guys and your positive words make it hard to get discouraged :) I have mostly been closet shopping and am definitely looking forward to getting some "new" things.

      Delete
  4. Wow! That's a HUGE difference! Super proud of you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to you and that is wonderful that hubby is joining you on this journey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, having him on board has been key. I am very grateful :)

      Delete
  6. Wow what a difference in the fotos ! Best luck with your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't want to start this comment with "wow" because that's what everyone else has said, but I can't think of anything better... so.. WOW! Way to go, you two! Both of you have changed so much for the better. Very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still can't get over the pictures. Maybe my new cell phone has a special slimming filter on it :) Thank you!

      Delete
  8. you look AMAZING !! both of you .... wow... great photos... hard work and some sacrifice really pays off... keep up the good work ..and even if no one "notices" you are setting an example and are inspiring those around you, even if they never speak up !!

    Rock on !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you! So glad to see you back :)

    ReplyDelete