Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Weight Off My Shoulders...

....and off my tummy, my butt, my thighs...

Linking up with the Weigh-In Wednesday crew....check out all the awesome blogs!

Weigh In Wednesday

Big milestone this week.  I lost 1.8 pounds which brings me to exactly 25 pounds or 1/3 of a certain puppy :)   She would say she is just a petite lap dog.



To celebrate 25 pounds lost I went on a "What Weighs 25 Pounds?"safari.  I am terrible at guessing how much something weighs. Now I have a pretty good idea what 25 pounds feels like. Thank you to my extra special photographer...my niece. She got some good angles that I think make me look like I have lost more than I have...who doesn't like that??

Potatoes - 2 10-pound bags and 1 5-pound bag.

Ground beef - 5 5-pound packages

Some sort of wheat  - I had never seen this before.
Sugar - 6 4-pound bags (a little short but I never could resist sugar).
Soda - 24 pack + 6 pack
Diet Coke was my main beverage for a LONG time.  I haven't had one in over a year and a half and picking it up today didn't phase me :)  In 2013 my resolution was to not have any soda for the entire year.  I ended up having it twice - 7-UP after my surgery and a sip of my husband's at a restaurant because he thought it tasted weird...it did and we sent it back.

Cheese - 5 5-pound blocks
We definitely eat a "ton" less cheese now than we did.  I don't doubt for a second we would have eaten every bit of 25 pounds of cheese in the past three months if we hadn't decided to get on board with this weight loss adventure. I love you, cheese :)

Milk - 3 gallons approx. 8 pounds each.  Incidentally, "did you know the human head weighs 8 pounds?" Name that movie.
Kitty Litter - 25 pound box.  Can you believe we couldn't find a single 25 pound bag of dog food :(


"Attention Walmart shoppers...crazy lady in aisle...well, in all aisles."  We were pretty efficient in our picture plan so I am not sure if people really noticed what we were doing.  You know I was going to throw my niece under the bus if confronted...say it was for a "what things weigh" project she was doing for school. That might have backfired since school hasn't started yet.  I am such a bad aunt :)

I took this picture at work before I decided to invade Walmart. Five pounds per ream of paper!



As far as which item felt the heaviest, it was definitely the kitty litter.  It was a fun exercise to give myself an idea of what I have accomplished. Glad I am not hauling that weight around anymore. I said from the start that I would really feel like I was doing it for real when I got to 25-30 pounds lost. It is starting to feel real :)

Okay, I promise NO MORE pictures of me today.  Instead a picture of our delicious dinner.  Arroz con Pollo at our favorite Mexican place.  We split the yellow plate and ordered an additional side of veggies, which we also split.  So delicious and less than 600 calories each.


In all seriousness, I can't say I have ever seen that many pictures of myself in one place that I didn't hate. I believe that qualifies as a NSV :)


14 comments:

  1. Wow, awesome job on your twenty-five pound loss! GO YOU!

    I had a friend who pointed that out to me, when I would be all down about a low loss. She would be all "picture what a pound of ground beef looks like. You lost that much!'

    And that arroz con pollo looks AMAZING yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I keep telling myself look forward to where I will be in six months...the little ones will all add up :)

      Delete
  2. That Mexican food looks SO good... yumm!

    And what a great idea to go hold all of those things to get an idea of what you were actually carrying around... love that you did that! 25 lbs. is such a great accomplishment... congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Next stop 50 pounds...probably won't be able to carry those items if I don't start hitting the weights.

      Delete
  3. Oh what a great idea! Great job on 25 pounds. That is huge :) I love Mexican so that food looks incredible:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) There is something about 25 pounds that makes the loss seem real.

      Delete
  4. OMG I love your picture safari! That is such a great idea, 25 pounds is a huge accomplishment! That food looks KILLER! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I felt a bit goofy doing it, but I am over worrying about what other people think. I am totally glad to have the pictures.

      Delete
  5. Great loss this week!! What a great idea to find things that weigh what you've lost. I love Arroz con Pollo! One of my favorite meals. Good for you for sharing it...I'm not that strong! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband would eat Arroz con Pollo every day of the week :) It is yummy! I do like sharing for the money savings too...we can go more frequently :)

      Delete
  6. 25 pounds !! thats totally awesome !! i love the photos (you look amazing by the way) holding all that weight really puts it into prospective.... great job.... woo hooo !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) It did feel good to know what the weight felt like. And I am super happy my photog got the good angles :)

      Delete
  7. The movie was Jerry McGuire :)

    LOVE LOVE LOVE the pic safari and OMG 25 freaking pounds! That's awesome! Way to go (or weigh rather!) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a feeling you would be the one to know the movie - go nerds :) I was happy with how the safari turned out. Thanks you!!

      Delete