Friday, September 5, 2014

A Very Good Evening

It started out a big shaky but it ended up being a great evening.  Only shaky because I was nervous, excited, anxious about the big arrival.  They expected to be there between 5-6:30 p.m.  At about 4:30 p.m. a thunderstorm moved through.  Thankfully, it did not last long.  And even, more thankfully my husband made it home safely. He was leaving work when a bolt of lightning scared the beejeebies out of him. He knew it was close.  Later we heard that it hit the school where he works...maybe about 100 yards or so from where he had been standing. Yikes!!

Finally a little after 7 p.m. we saw this...






Our delivery guy, Paul, was a total pro.  He lined it up perfectly and then used his remote control to move the shed over the gravel pad.  Seriously, a remote control! 


When it was positioned he told the truck to drop it.  I still can't get over the fact that one guy was able to do this by himself.


Looks so much better than that old shed :)


My husband and his dad decided it might not be completely level.  The level confirmed it is a little lower in the front right corner.  If we had realized it before he left Paul would have shimmed it.  They checked it after he left, so they will shim it themselves sometime in the near future.


I am a very happy girl. The decision making process always seems agonizing. But I do think we made a good one.  Now begins the process of filling it up in a neat organized manner.  I have been teasing my husband that it is his new mancave...

Following the shed delivery we relaxed on our new-to-us couches, ate Salsa Verde Chicken Tostadas and watched the Seahawks take it to the Packers on opening night of the NFL. My husband is so happy to have football back :)

Have a good weekend, everyone!

6 comments:

  1. Aww glad everything went so smoothly with the delivery! It looks great! Chris is obsessed now with organizing our garage. He even started putting pegboard up and made little hanging hooks for the bigger tools. Hope you guys have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was amazed how simple it looked. I can't wait to play with it this weekend :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, that is impressive. I would've loved to be driving by and see that shed driving next to me.

    I am happy for football, too. And any time the Packers lose is a good day for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's funny because I told my husband I wanted to drive toward the lot a ways so I could see it coming down the road to our house. Glad I didn't because I would have missed the actually delivery - it happened so fast. For me, Patriots losses make my day better :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. as long as you're not Dallas fans... hahahaha I say my favorite team is anyone playing the Cowboys ! (just a joke I really dont care, much)

    shed looks amazing .. and such an easy delivery.... have a great time filling it up !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries...not Dallas fans. Thank you - we definitely have some great space in there.

      Delete