Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Cootie Infestation


Cooties have hit our home :(  Yesterday my husband started not feeling well. Today he is feeling worse and I am doing my best to not catch his cooties.

This morning I made him a batch of chicken noodle soup with lots of veggies.  I took a bowl to work for lunch - preventative measures, I hope. It tasted fine, but I can't say it was the most attractive dish.  The green veggies did not hold their color very well.  I didn't use carrots because my husband is not a fan.  On the upside it was a big bowl of soup for 240 calories.



Turns out he didn't care for the soup :(  At least I will have plenty of soup if I do get sick. I think I will try putting a couple of servings in the freezer so it doesn't go to waste. 

Weigh-in was pretty good this week.  I lost 1.4 pounds. That brings my total to 32.2.  I have 5 pounds until I am officially half way to my goal.  I am looking forward to my progress chart being higher in the "total lost column" than the "pounds to go" column.

Today I was contemplating how much longer my 75 pound goal is going to take to achieve. Yes, I am a little bit impatient, but I do completely understand it is not an overnight process. I am looking at it from more of a curiosity perspective.  If I average a pound a week I am looking at almost 10 more months.  Okay, stop, I don't think I want to look at it like that - I am truly impatient.

I have averaged just under a 2 pound a week loss.  I would love to keep up that pace.  Ultimately, I will just do my best and let the pounds fall as they may.

A couple weeks ago I read a good post on someone's blog about mini goals.  (I am kicking myself that I didn't bookmark it so I could go back to it and credit that person here - if it was you please comment so I can get back to it.)  I haven't been the best about tracking my food the last few weeks.  Since I have continued to lose I have been a bit lazy about tracking, but I haven't felt real good about it. 

So, I am announcing my mini goal - for the "whole world" to see.  Starting today until my anniversary (Sept. 25) I will track my every bite on MyFitnessPal. My current MFP goal is 1550 calories. Not only am I going to track every bite I am going to submit my food diary every night and it will say "under calorie goal." 
 
Has anyone tried the Zoodles I am seeing all over the internet?  Noodles made from zucchini.  I am a little intrigued. Does anyone have the spiralizer?  Recommendations?

Have a great day :)


Weigh In Wednesday

14 comments:

  1. I recall that post too. That may have been Running Meg!

    Excellent loss this week! It does seem daunting when you look at the "big picture" but I think you're on the right track with mini-goals! Go you on the MFP logging! I'm there too - skinnygeekwithin if you want to add me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was Meg - thanks :) I am hoping this mini-goal will give me the kick I need. This is my danger zone - I've lost enough I feel better, but not finished. That is why I was very specific about losing 75 pounds. Truth is I might want to lose more than that, but 75 will definitely be life changing.

      Delete
  2. Great loss! I've been using mini goals throughout my whole journey. It's so much more manageable when you look at it in smaller increments. I'm Winterbenson on MFP if we're not already friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did well with small goals at the beginning. But the last month or so I've had my eye on a little bigger goal and I think it has distracted me. Back to the minis for me :0

      Delete
  3. Great loss! I am restarting my journey and if you'd like to follow to me on MFP I am under fit_shortie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girl!

    You have a GREAT average--keep it up!! I think that's totally crazy smart of you to share your goals!! That soup looks way good btw!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I needed more accountability so I put it out there. I have already noticed today I've avoided situations I didn't want to have to confess later :)

      Delete
  5. Great job on the loss... I know you're frustrated because it takes so long, I always feel the same... but you'll get there with your good work!! And that soup looks great - such a good way to get in a lot of veggies, especially during these cooler months!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, it is frustrating. I am sure when I get there it will feel like it happened much more quickly than I feel now :)

      Delete
  6. The cooties have hit our house too!! It's been rough staying on track with sick germs afloat. I have been curious about zoodles also!!
    xo Krissy @ Sneakers and Sequins

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh boo to the cooties! Too bad about your hubs and the carrots but the soup still looked yummy to me.

    YES to mini goals! I get so wrapped up in my "MUST LOSE TEN POUNDS" this month or whatever I have in my head and then when that doesn't happen I get mad at myself. Mini goals keep me on track.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't do so well on my mini goal yesterday. I do great until I get home. I want to eat everything :( Maybe I could insert my walk after work.

      Delete