Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Back on the Trail

It was tough getting out of bed this morning.  But I kept thinking about how low I felt last night and how I didn't want to have another evening like that.  Millie and I got up and took a walk...so no regrets.  I had a hard time getting started.  I just didn't seem like my legs wanted to do it...afterwards I think they were ready for more.  I would have rounded my loop again but Millie seemed in need of a potty break and somewhere along the way I must have dropped my "pick-up bag."  I didn't want to take the chance of leaving an unwanted "deposit" for someone.

We got started about 5:30 a.m.  I learned a little something about the neighborhood on our walk.  There are several owls in the neighborhood.  They were "hooting" up a storm.  Too bad they are so elusive.  I would have loved to have seen them.  Do you think I can Google "owl calls" and figure out what kind they were just from the sound?

Today was also trash day which meant there were lots of interesting smells for Millie to investigate.  I was worried I would spend the whole walk trying to keep her attention on walking and not snooping through everyone's trash cans.  She was great.  Except for a stick she had to pick up and a garbage truck that made her a little nervous she was very focused.  I confess I almost didn't take her because I didn't want to deal with garbage situation.  I am glad I didn't leave her behind.  Funny how so many of our worries are unfounded.

Our irises are in full bloom.  When we got back to the house Millie worked on her obedience "down, stay" while I deheaded the iris.  Pretty girl!
























No comments:

Post a Comment