Thursday, May 22, 2014

Who Gets the Puppy?

Whew!  That was a little crazy.  My husband's schedule is back to normal.  We decided we would keep getting up early so that we could workout.  Here is the problem...he run/walks and I walk...and we only have one dog.  (Actually we have an old dachshund too - I am worried it is too much for her when we walk for fitness - she is more of a stroller.)  So first we had to decide how we were going to share Millie.  We decided we would walk together to the start of the loop.  Then we would go our own pace and he would take Millie.  Then if he lapped me I would get Millie for the remainder.

There goes my puppy...and my man!
It did not go as planned.  They got about a half a block ahead of me and turned around and came back to me.  Evidently, Millie didn't want us to be separated.  My husband said "it was like running with an anchor."  She kept trying to turn around to find me.  So he dropped her off with me and ran ahead.  Then my "ordeal" began.  Millie was then trying to catch up with him pulling me along.  Once he was out of sight her nose was to the ground...I think she was trying to pick up his scent.  On the up side, I suppose I got a little better workout...I went faster and used the upper body trying to hold on.  We finally met up again and I quickly handed her off.  I think we are going to have to find another strategy.

This morning was the warmest morning since I have been doing these early morning walks  - 70 degrees!  I would like to say my "sweatiness" is from my effort, but at least some of the credit has to go to the weather.  I do miss the slight chill in the air...much more refreshing. Since it is only May I better come to grips with warmer mornings...and more sweat!





I am doing a little better today with my attitude toward the food side of this journey.  I have been using myfitnesspal for a few days and though I am staying in my calorie range I've been a bit grouchy about it.  I bought a watermelon the other day...sounded so good as the weather heats up.  I was a bit hesitant because I bought one a couple of weeks ago and it was horrible.  This one is super tasty.  I was loading up a container to take to work with my lunch.  Then I checked the calories....I had to put some back.  Eight ounces (9 calories/ounce) didn't look like much, but it was very refreshing.

A huge food victory today in our house!  We have a make again fish recipe  My husband is NOT a fish guy.  But since we have been working on our health he mentioned that he would like to try fish again and hopefully find a way to like it.  With the green light, I quickly did some research and moved on a plan.  I chose flounder since it is so mild.  Then I found a recipe on skinnytaste.com for Flounder Piccata.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/12/flounder-piccata.html


I knew from experience with chicken my husband likes the lemon flavors.  I served it on quinoa with spinach on the side.  He liked it!  I am so happy to have a fish option!  If you have not checked out skinnytaste.com you need to leave my blog immediately and check it out (don't forget to come back though).  Lots of delicious recipes! 

All in all a much better day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment