Monday, June 2, 2014

River Road


I am wiped out!  This is the first time since I've been exercising consistently that I just feel exhausted.  Yesterday we walked 3 miles at the track. It felt different than road walking, but I didn't go particularly fast. Then this morning we walked 3.4 miles along the River Road.  I got pretty hot, so maybe that is what got me. We took Millie and my niece so I wasn't bored!


Love that the bluffs gave some protection from the sun.  By 10 a.m. it was pretty warm though anyway.

The River Road is usually pretty busy (surprised there isn't a car in this shot).  The trail follows the road and this is about as close as it gets.  There is a small section where it is on the shoulder...you won't catch me on that part.  It is such a relaxing drive with the river on one side and bluffs on the other.  In the winter there are bald eagles in the area.  We have walked here a couple of times and want to try biking sometime soon. 

 
The bluffs are massive.  So interesting to look at the layers.

No comments:

Post a Comment