Sunday, June 1, 2014

On the Track

 
What am I doing up at 5:30 a.m. on a Saturday??  Getting in a walk before yard sales, of course.  My husband got some new running shoes and wanted to go to the high school track to work on breaking them in.  Poor Millie was left home...there was pouting!  I walked three miles in a little less than an hour. I confess I was a bit disappointed in my time.  I feel like I am doing pretty well and then my husband finished running and joined me walking for his cooldown. Having him walk with me I know sped me up a little. I feel really good about what we are doing I just wish I were doing it a little faster.  Our 10K race is two weeks from today. I need to push a little harder if I am not going to be in last place. The race is mostly runners but walking is allowed also. I have to keep reminding myself the challenge is against myself not the other people. I am setting a time that I can beat next year...I can't wait to see what the progress looks like!

Today was the first time I have walked with headphones. I have always had trouble with the earbuds so I decided to just get big ol' headphones. My husband set up Pandora on my phone. I entered Duran Duran as my type of music and enjoyed some good 80s music. Some of the music was a little slow for my pace so I am going to have to play with it to find the right beat.  
Extreme closeup!  Please notice headphones - not my crazy hair!!
I am only 5'4" but you wouldn't know it from these legs!


No comments:

Post a Comment